Next Stop Taichung!
After the final goodbye to the NTU students, it was sad to leave, but we did end up having our final moments together. I went out after our final presentation with some of the NTU students: Jack, Kiki, Dora, Judy, Woonzen, Zoe, and Erin. We all went to the cat cafe again…talking about how we’re doing after the trip and more about each other's backgrounds. I haven’t gotten the chance to talk with Jack and Kiki, so during that time I got to know more about them. Later on, I went out with the girls to grab dinner and looked around Taipei 101. It was beautiful to see the building and the busy city there.
Free Day!
I got the chance to have a rest day and went to do some shopping with Zoe! We also met up with Woonzen to stroll around the Taipei District street. It was a chill day for me, and getting the chance to explore the city before we headed towards Taichung. So far, it was a long first week, but in the end, I started to get the hang of the schedule and the routine of what we will be doing and following along the agenda. At night time, we ended up meeting one last time with the NTU students for a farewell dinner. We had DIN TAI FUNG! The food was great, but it was sad to say goodbye to them.
08/31
Hitting the road to Taichung! I will be returning to Taipei, so it was not a final goodbye yet, but I was feeling tired, and it was about 2 hours bus ride. We then meet up with the NCKU students for the first time! We were at Chen’s Wood Shop and got to learn about the history of their shop and got the chance to try out the tool. I got the chance to scrap wood; there were 2 of them. One of them was lighter scent than the other, and I recall that the other one it is more stronger. I get to pack it up in like a tea bag of it, to carry it as a memory of being there. I also got the chance to bond and get to know the NCKU students during the time there. It was noon, we all had lunch together, and then afterward we headed to Home Work Sustainable Studio. I got to learn about the owner's work and how his work is all about sustainable purposes and all about the circular life. We then finally get to check in at the Star Hostel Taichung Parklane, which is above the department store. I got the chance later that night to go get dinner and see the night market, called Yizhong Night Market.
09/01
I woke up to have the Hostel breakfast, and then we all took the NCKU students' bus to Nantou to check out the National Taiwan Craft Research Institute. It was very cool to see all of the work and the pieces that were made by different artist and the backgrounds of their work. There were a lot of people mainly focused on Bamboo materials. We then had a group lunch together, and during that time, everyone was bonding and enjoying our meal. Afterwards, we went to a bamboo weaving workshop. It was challenging but fun at the same time. I know I was struggling with the first part of weaving the bamboo. I had to make a book cover, which I thought would be easy, but it was hard. Afterward, we all head back home!
I'm glad you get a chance to go to the Yi Chong night market in Taichung. It's a popular place among young people!
ReplyDelete