Tainan, Taiwan
08/02
Made it to Tainan! I got the chance to meet with everyone formally at the NCKU campus and got a proper tour of the campus. Shout-out to Lexi, our tour guide! This time around, I feel like I had gotten to bond very well with the NCKU students more quickly than I expected. We already made plans and places to go together!
| NCKU Campus Tour |
Later that day, we went and played volleyball together, but it was pouring rain! Everyone got wet and continued playing. I will say, though, it was my first time playing volleyball in the rain… I then headed back home and freshened up, went out, and ate with Hanin, Erin, and Leo! We all had this noodle soup that’s behind the hotel, and then grabbed this very good grass jelly dessert. By the way, I couldn’t finish the noodle soup because it was a big bowl! I went back to the hotel with them, and Hanin and I had to stay up and finish our public blog.
| Grass Jelly Dessert Night |
08/03
Lecture Day!
I woke up feeling so tired that day and just couldn't get out of bed to get ready for our lecture and prep for our project. During that day, it was pouring hard rain, so thankfully we stayed inside and had our lecture that day. I found that day was so long and tiring from all the lectures we had to attend, so we made plans for what we would do afterwards. I went back to the hotel to unwind a bit, then got dressed to go out! I went out with Katelyn, Jasmine, and Zoe to meet up with some NCKU students; it was Annie, Bella, and Ethan. They took us to this famous beef soup restaurant, where it is just beef and soup, but the rice and the side meat sauce are free. IT WAS SO GOOD!!! Afterward, we went and digested our food in our system, so we all walked around the local street they took us to, and then we stumbled across a blind box mart. We each got one thing there, Annie and I got matching keychains! I ended the night with karaoke, it was so fun, and I was happy. I got the chance to make fun memories and get to know them, and we all easily bonded together quickly.
Free day!
I got to get a good, long rest, and then I had to get my day started. I had to do laundry and then got ready to go out with the girls. We went out to eat brunch with Anniek, Bella, and Ethan again. IT WAS GOODY! They got us to a good spot and are just spending quality time together. Oh, that day, I went biking on the Youbike, and it was so convenient for what I needed to go places. We went to a photo booth spot, then another in the evening, and we all went to the beach! IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! It is called Yuguang Island Beach, and there were a lot of people there. We went there and took pictures, I was healed from seeing the sunset, like the sky were warmth color to a pink and purple. Finally, after a day of hanging out, we had dinner at this amazing place called Dan Wa House, and it was so good! We finish the food in 15 minutes…
The sunset looks amazing! I also love the grass jelly dessert at 黑工號! One of my favorite foods in Tainan.
ReplyDelete