A week in Tainan
09/05
In our last week here in Tainan, we had more lectures and workshops to attend over the weekend. To be honest, I find it hard to process that we had a lecture on the weekend, but somehow I managed to push through! During the lectures, I had the chance to work with my groupmate on using the building puzzle tool and on further categorizing the topics or ideas that connect closely to our main product design. It was the start of all of us working together and brainstorming our ideas. We had a group lunch in the room, and later that day we did indigo dyeing! It was very fun and beautiful to see the final result of what it was after dying 3 times. We even dyed Lexi's shirt with the indigo dye, hahaha! I went and met up with some of the NCKU to play volleyball and catch another beautiful sunset, ugh, I will miss seeing the sunset here when leaving… It was also Zoe’s birthday, so we all celebrated during class time, and later at night we went out to Haidilao for her birthday dinner.
09/06
On Sunday, it was boat day! We went to this place called Anping Fort for boating to learn more about the sustainable process. We also check out the Anping old town to learn more about the history there and more about the Xilong temple in the area. We even visited the Anping Tree House and learned about the history of how they built the tree house and maintained the aesthetic look there. I will say it was a long, sunny day that day. I was pretty drained that night, so we came back, and I took a good rest afterward. Later on at night, I met up with the NCKU students, Lexi and Annie, to work on our preparations for our project. Close to midnight, Annie and I went and grabbed fried chicken and french fries. It was really good, and I would get it again!
| ||
| Tree House |
09/07
This is the day we had to present our project. Throughout the day, I feel like I have classes and work back-to-back. There were a lot of things to do, more brainstorming, multitasking, and tasks, while working on our project and getting through the day. I’m glad our project is going in the right direction, but still in need of figuring out what we’re heading towards finalizing. During the break, I got the chance to go see the capybara cafe with the NCKU students, it was Annie, Bella, Ethan, and Zoe. I didn’t expect to be big and smelly too at the same time. I had some of their dessert and just enjoyed our break there. Afterward, we came back to do more work and get critiques of what we had so far. Later in the evening, the girls and I, Katelyn, Jasmine, Zoe, and Helen, all went out and explored more in Tainan. We did some shopping, and to be honest, I count it as my reward after a whole day of schoolwork!
Free day!
I woke up at standard time. Zoe and I went to a brunch spot near the hotel. They have dogs there, so it was like a dog cafe. During that time, I did a lot of posting on my social media because I’ve been behind on it and I need to catch up before the program ends! Later in the afternoon, Zoe and I decided to go get ear piercings. Thanks to Bella from the NCKU students, she recommended a spot for us to go! Also, we decided to go back to the photo shop to take a single film picture. We also went to grab dinner at McDonald's! It was good, but I wish I could use my McDonald's app for a discount…Finishing off the day, Katelyn and I meet up with our groupmate to work more on our project on campus.
I know I’ve given you guys a lot of work to do! I’ve tried to design the program in a way that balances the workload with opportunities to explore and enjoy, but I also know you’ve all been working really hard. Thank you for putting so much effort into the program. I truly appreciate it!
ReplyDelete