Goodbye Tainan!



Reaching the end of our trip… I will miss so much in Taiwan! The last few days were a lot of balancing between classes and exploring every last bit of Tainan before we reached the end. During these past days, there was a lot that was just go, go, go! Therefore, I manage to balance everything and am now reaching the last bit in the end. 

In-process Prototype...


09/09

On Wednesday, we got the chance to have more work time in the morning with our groupmate and to finalize the critique of our project. We were still preparing the slides, making the A1 poster, and just getting ready for our final presentation towards the end of the week. During that time, I was helping with Annie, my groupmate on our prototype and our 3d prints. I help assist with sketching or problem-solving to determine what would work best for our product and what is the best fit for our project. Then we had lunch before going on our final tour in Tainan. The lunchbox was delicious; it looks like a sushi box, and I definitely will miss having a package of lunches provided! We hit the road on our bus and met up with the NCKU students around the area of Tainan Old City. To be honest, I wish we had the tour on separate days so that we could all have the whole day working together with our groupmates towards our presentation, but in the end, it did work out! I got to visit the first department store in Tainan, learning about the history of the title of the buildings, more local shops, and overall the journeys since back in the day till now of how the changes or stabilization of the city have gotten to where they are today. I later met up with some of our students and the NCKU students to go to the night market at Wusheng Night Market. I heard that the night market opens specifically one each days of the week. So, this one was on Wednesday! I got to ride the boat with everyone, and IT WAS FUN! I even got the chance to try our random foods and drinks there with friends, and I really did enjoy the time there! 


Department Store Rooftop
Hi Celine!
Wusheng Night Market

09/10

Thursday is basically our last eventful day for us before our final presentation. We went to visit the Daybreak 18 Teahouse, and I got to see very traditional tea professional owners, them telling background stories and journeys about the roots behind drinking tea and the meaningful takeaway of brewing tea and drinking the tea too. I definitely was feeling tired in the morning, but the tea did somehow wake me up a bit while I was there! During the time there, I got to take myself in and learn more about being focused in the moment of making the tea. I got the chance to talk with Co-Director Wan Ling, and she explained to me the meaning of my Chinese name, and I got to know her more personally! Then we went and had lunch together nearby. It was a lot of food, and at the same time, I was tired because afterward we had our final meet-up and worked on our final. I’m grateful to have my groupmates, Annie, Jamie, Katelyn, and Lexi! I appreciate how everyone was working hard, and we all worked together till later at night to make sure everything was all good to go before Friday. We finalize the poster and finish the last bit of the slides. Later at night, I have to do last-minute laundry and packing so that I’m on time to leave this Saturday. It was a lot, but in the end I pushed through to get everything done in time! 

Hi Annie!


9/11

FINAL PRESENTATION DAY! We all met up in the classroom to make sure everything was 100% ready to go and submitted. We finally got our prototype printed and cleaned. I will say it was a very successful process till the end, and we presented later in the afternoon. WE DID GREATTT! After all, I’m beyond grateful and happy to be able to have this opportunity to come to Taiwan and learn a lot and meet amazing and cool people! I will miss all the students here at NCKU and my journeys from Taipei to Tainan. For sure, I will come back and visit again, and hopefully will get to meet everyone again! Definitely feeling mixed emotions right now… 


Group #3
Nodulll!



Anyway, tomorrow, 9/12 - we’re wrapping up in the morning, and we will be saying our final goodbyes… Thank you, Taiwan. I will come back soon!


Comments

  1. Your team is doing an amazing job! Seeing the scale models of your couch is mind-blowing. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment